Wednesday, November 14, 2012

O.P.I: Stranger Tides


Since I was home bored being sick I decided to paint my nails.  The base coat that I'm currently using is Essie's Grow Faster.  I've been using this base coat for months now and I like it as a base coat.  One thing I would say is that it does just that, grow your nails at a fast pace.  If your nails are healthy and strong but don't grow fast enough for your liking then I would absolutely recommend this.  But if your nails are brittle and peel, I would not recommend this product because this product does not make your nails any stronger.  So based on your own nails you can decide if this product is for you.  Another thing I would suggest is that you let this base coat dry completely before you paint your nails.





I really like OPI's Stranger Tides for the fall its a sage green but can look beige from far.  Even though it's a green it's still very neutral.  The truth though is that OPI is one of my least favorite formulas. I find it to be hard to apply, kinda gooey and streaky if you're not patient.  But for some colors it's worth it lol.  Not only is it hard to apply I find that it chips really fast on my nails.  



Lastly I finish with the top coat Out the Door.  I would compare this to Seche Vite but it's a bit different.  Very similar but different.  It's advertised the same as a fast drying top coat and I would say it is fast but not as fast drying as Seche Vite.  The bad thing about Seche Vite is that it gets super gloopy after half the bottle.  I haven't experienced the gloopiness yet in the Out the Door top coat but I still have more than half the bottle still.  If anything changes I'll be sure to post on it.  Another thing is that Seche Vite dries really thick on the nail.  This one is shiny but not as thick when dried. I like it just as much as Seche Vite and with the price tag 4.99 as opposed to the 9.99 for Seche Vite I'll take it! [=


Please excuse my dry cuticles lol but this is how the color looks in natural lighting. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment